Tuesday 8 December 2009

Tropic of Cancer Quotes

Sorry for not posting much on here, folks, but I’ve been a busy man. Issue Five is coming along nicely and I’ll keep you updated, but for now here are a few quotes from Henry Miller’s Tropic of Cancer. I know it’s random, but they knocked me over as so damn brilliant I just had to share them.

When the tide is on the ebb and only a few syphilitic mermaids are left stranded in the much, and Dome looks like a shooting gallery that’s been struck by a cyclone. P161

There is a bone in my prick six inches long. I will ream out every wrinkle in your cunt… I will send you home… with an ache in your belly and your womb turned inside out… He knows how to build a fire, but I know how to inflame a cunt… I shoot hot bolts into you… I make your ovaries incandescent… I have set the shores a little wider, I have ironed out the wrinkles. After me you can take on stallions, bulls… I am fucking you… so that you’ll stay fucked. P.5

4 comments:

The Great Catsby said...

2 great quotes. Makes me want to pick this up again. However I still have Nexus and Plexus on my list.

DSW said...

I actually have all his books at home, but I'm only starting to work through them.

DSW said...

I've never read Nexus or Plexus!

Anonymous said...

When you evaluate the concise explaination your message enjoy, with regards to a romantic association together with one more, nevertheless as being a experiencing which is engendered once you have miltchmonkey a much better partnership with ourselves much too ( blank ) or even like a sensation of better unity household or simply humankind - it will become substantially more clear that every one any one is seeking in your everyday living is usually love.