Friday 6 July 2007

Projects

Guerrilla art is done for now. The process of creating art and illegally showcasing it in the University of Dundee Degree Show 2007 is done and dusted. Whether it was a success or not is something you will have to read, if you care to do so, in the book, Who Is Rodney Munch?

And so what is next?

Well, I've just graduated from university after four years, and at the end of August I'm off to be a farmer in California for a few months. The Rodney Munch book is finished, and I'm awaiting the editing committee's comments, judgements and corrections.
Next up, I have to change all the names in the book to avoid prosecution. Then I reckon I'll self-publish it and whore it out to all the participants in the Rodney Munch saga. If that goes well, then maybe I'll let a big name published come near it, but I doubt that right now.
Also, I'm in the process of editing an untitled book I wrote three years ago It's a collection of short stories that explore life lived in the knowledge that there is no god. Reading it again, I realise some of it is amazing, and some of it is downright awful.
But the main literary concern of my life right now is the magazine I co-own and co-edit. It's called Beatdom, and explores the life and works of the Beat Generation. We've managed to sign up some talented writers, have a bundle of good ideas, and a promising investor lined up.
If you want to help out in any way, then get in touch.

No comments: